Country House Weddings (‘CHW or ‘we’ or ‘us’) is committed to protecting the personal information we collect or you provide when you use our services, websites or applications.
We collect and utilise different information depending on the various way(s) in which you interact with us. This policy explains how we collect, use & protect that information.
Information types that we collect
When you enquire about our services, purchase our services, purchase or utilise our accommodation, or sign up to our newsletter, we may collect personal information about you. We’ve listed below the various types of information that we collect:
- Personal information provided by yourself – this can include filling in forms on the website, communicated by telephone, email or social media. It relates to any information you have provided us while enquiring, purchasing or reporting problems with, any of our services. This type of information typically includes names & contact details (including address, email & telephone).
- Location data – If located services is enabled on your devices, we may collect information about your location. This can be deactivated by updating your preferences on your device.
- Correspondence information – if you contact us, we may keep records of that correspondence
- Third Party Data – We might also receive your personal information from third parties, including wedding listing sites and wedding fayre operators. In this scenario, we will ensure that your consent was obtained to share said information with us.
- Aggregated Data – We might aggregate your personal data, with that of others, for statistical analysis. This activity will not reveal your identity in any way.
Please note, where we are required to collect personal information by law, or to perform or enter a legal contract with you; If you do not provide the personal information that we have requested, we may be unable to perform said contract. We will, however, notify you if this is the case.
How we protect your personal data
We are committed to protecting your personal data. To do so, we have implemented the appropriate procedures and security protocols in order to secure and prevent unauthorised access. However, transmission of information via the internet does come with its own inherent, but unavoidable, risks, and we cannot 100% guarantee its safety. Therefore, when giving us your information, you do so at your own risk.
How we use personal data
We use your personal information for a variety of different purposes outlined below:
- To perform our contract with you – we may use your personal information in order deliver the required services that you have purchased. This might include processing of payments, to gather necessary information relating to the service purchased (eg. to help you plan your wedding with us), to inform you of changes to the service or company, or to enable third parties to carry out work on your behalf.
- Based on legitimate interests – we may use your personal information to enhance the service we provide you and develop & grow our business & services at the same time. Any such use of data, will be done so with careful consideration, taking in to account potential impacts on your rights as a consumer. Use cases may include:
- To contact you personally as an existing customer by email, phone or post with tailored information about other products and services that are likely to be of interest to you based on the service that we are providing you with.
- Inviting you to voluntarily participate in surveys & feedback questionnaires to improve our service.
- To contact you as a prospective customer with regards to your request for information (including brochure requests and price requests via the price calculator), either via automated emails, or personally by email, phone or post,
- To keep our data base records up to date.
- To investigate and prevent fraudulent or illegal activity.
- With consent – where you have opted in to receive marketing communications from us via email or direct mail, we will send you marketing that advertises venue news, sales & product promotions and upcoming events that may be of interest to you. All of the marketing emails you may receive from us will include the option to unsubscribe in the footer of the email. Where possible, we will endeavour to ensure that a the content you receive is relevant to you based on where you are in the customer journey.
- Legal obligation – If we are under a legal obligation to do so, we are entitled to share your information.
Irrespective of how we use your personal information, we are committed to doing so in a lawful way, with minimum disruption and maximum benefit & relevance to yourself and your needs as a consumer.
Who do we share your personal data with?
Generally, we will only use your information internally to provide you with the service that you have requested or purchased. In the event that we do disclose your information to third parties set out below, we will either do so with your consent or where we have justification for doing so (as highlighted in ‘How we use your personal data’).
- Service providers (as outlined in ‘How we use your personal data’) including the underwriters of Wedding Finance services that you have signed up to.
- Professional advisers acting as processors or joint controllers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities acting as processors or joint controllers based in the United Kingdom
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
How long will you use my personal data for?
We will only hold on to your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for. This includes satisfying and legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Once the that purpose has been fulfilled, we will securely delete the data.
By law we must keep basic information about our customers including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data, for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
In some circumstances, you may request that we delete your data (see ‘Your Legal Rights’ for more information on this). We may also anonymise your personal data for research & statistical purposes, so that it can no longer be associated with yourself. In this scenario, we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Your Legal Rights
There are 7 legal rights relating to the personal data we hold about you:
- Request access to your personal data(commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data.This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal datawhere we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any timewhere we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
Wedding Finance & GDPR
By initiating the application of wedding finance, you are accepting that your personal details will be submitted to the Lender, “Omni Capital Retail Finance Limited”.
What are cookies? Cookies are small data files, often including a unique identifier, which is sent to your device so that the website can remember some information relating to your browsing activity on the website.
- Essential Cookies – to ensure the website works properly
- Functionality Cookies – to improve customer experience on the site (for example by remembering your personal preferences based on previous visits to the site).
- Analytics / Performance Cookies – to help us understand how you use the site so that we can make improvements.
- Targeting cookies & Pixels – we use third party cookies & pixels for marketing purposes; they allow us to remarket relevant advertising through third party tools, to you based on your website behaviour.
What Third Party Cookies & Pixels do we use?
Facebook– Analytical & Targeting cookie
Twitter – Analytical & Targeting cookie
Google analytics – Analytical & Targeting cookie
Google adwords – Analytical & Targeting cookie
Pinterest – Analytical & Targeting cookie
Crazy Egg – Analytical cookie
How can I opt-out of cookies
Cookies, including those that are already on your computer, can be deleted from your hard drive. You can also change your browser preferences to prevent Cookies from being stored on your computer. The following links may be useful for opting out of Cookies.
To learn more about how to reject cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/ or go to the help menu within your internet browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. If you experience any problems having deleted cookies, you should contact the supplier of your web browser.
Remarketing & Opt-out
We use Google Analytics remarketing codes to log when users view specific pages or take specific actions on a website. This allows us to provide targeted advertising in the future. If you do not wish to receive this type of advertising from us in the future you can opt out using the DoubleClick opt-out page or the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.
We use Facebook remarketing pixels to log when users view specific pages or take specific actions on a website. This allows us to provide targeted advertising in the future. If you do not wish to receive this type of advertising from us in the future you can opt out by clicking the ‘x’ in the upper right hand corner of our ads to reveal further options on how to opt out.
Price Calculator Terms & Conditions
Use of Data for Marketing – By using our price calculator and accepting the terms and conditions, you are agreeing to Country House Weddings Limited and its subsidiary companies using the data provided in this form for direct marketing purposes. For example, a member of the country house weddings team may contact you to discuss your estimate. This information will not be passed on to any third parties.
Price Calculator Estimates – The price given by the calculator, is an estimate only, and does not, in any way, constitute a legally binding contract. Therefore, Country House Weddings Ltd reserves the right not to honour any price estimate given by this calculator.
How to Contact Us
Marketing Director, Country House Weddings Ltd, Gosfield Hall, Gosfield, Halstead, Essex, co91sf
Tel: +44(0)1787 477 778
Last Update: 14/06/2018